2021 Sussex Young Musician Competition Details
The Coro Nuovo Sussex Young Musician of the Year Competition is intended to support young musicians aged 18-26 as they embark upon a professional career in music. The competition winner will receive £1000, the runner-up £500 and other finalists £250 each.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and for the health and safety of participants, judges and audience, we have decided that the 2021 competition will be held in a virtual format. The competition entry details are summarised below.
- Applicants must have a Sussex connection, be within the age range 18-26 (on the 30th April 2021) and be embarking or intending to embark on a professional career in music.
- To enter the competition, go to here. You will need to complete an online form to provide some personal and contact details, a detailed summary of your musical experience and how you would benefit from a competition prize.
- You will also need to upload a performance video for the Competition auditions.
- For your audition video, please choose a Competition piece or pieces lasting a maximum of 10 minutes. At the start of the video recording introduce yourself and briefly explain why you chose the piece(s) you are performing.
- Entries for this year’s competition must be received by 11.00pm on Friday 30th April 2021.
- Entrants who are selected for the Competition Final by the Coro Nuovo Committee will be contacted as soon as possible after the closing date.
- Further details will be provided to all Finalists; however, they will need to submit a further video performance for the Competition Final to be judged by a ‘virtual’ panel. Finalists may choose the same or different piece(s) to the audition, but the performance and introduction must be provided as if it were a live performance, that means recorded in one take.
- The Competition prizes will be announced at a virtual award ceremony to which all Finalists will be invited. The date has yet to be confirmed, but we expect the award ceremony will be during June or July 2021.
- The decision of Coro Nuovo and the Judges is final.
- Coro Nuovo reserves the right not to award any or all of the Competition prizes if it feels the standard of the performance(s) is not of sufficient merit.
If you have any questions about the competition or the entry requirements, in the first instance please see our FAQ page. If you still need further information please email email@example.com or call or text Kate Kent (Chair, Coro Nuovo) on 07740 946276.
To see the Competition FAQs click here.
To upload a Competition audition video performance click here.
To download a copy of the competition details click here.