Introducing Coro Nuovo
18th March Mozart Requiem Concert at All Saints Church, Highbrook
The concert WILL be going ahead tonight.
If you have tickets to collect these will be available at the ticket desk in the Church. If you have still to pay for your tickets it will help if you have the correct change.
Due to the concert programme, everyone needs to be seated by the 7.15pm start. Please consider allowing extra time for travel, parking and any collection of tickets.
Message for Choir Members
Pre-concert rehearsal at Highbrook (18th March) will take place at 4pm.
Passionate about Music!
Coro Nuovo is an exciting Sussex based choir consisting of over 50 advanced singers from top choirs in the South East, some of whom are professional musicians. The choir was formed for people who wish to sing a broad range of music, other than the typical choir repertoire of oratorios and masses. The music selection is designed to be challenging, to help singers learn and develop.
We aim to perform up to three times per year and typically have only four rehearsals for each concert. Our Music Director is Andrew Rees international tenor, who provides us with a focus on delivering quality and subtlety across a broad of range of music rather than simply note bashing!
What makes us different? Coro Nuovo actively supports young musicians – both choral and instrumental – who are at the beginning of their professional careers. We give them the chance to be involved Coro Nuovo’s productions and concerts. We are also able to offer an annual bursary to young musicians with a Sussex connection to help with their learning and development.
2018 – 5 Years Old!
2018 Young Musician of the Year Competition and Bursary
- Are you a musician (singer or instrumentalist) aged 18 to 26?
- Do you have a connection with Sussex?
- Are you studying or about to study at a recognised music conservatoire?
If you can answer yes to all of these questions then you may qualify for our £1000 2018 Young Musician Bursary. For details of how to apply click here.
Closing date – 30th March 2018
- Coro Nuovo is delighted to welcome Zeynep Bingol as our accompanist for the Spring Concert rehearsals and the Mozart Requiem concerts at Chailey and Higbrook.
- Gideon Brooks is the Coro Nuovo Young Musician of the Year 2017/18 Congratulations to Gideon!
- Sussex based Traditional Oak & Timber Co will be sponsoring the 2018/19 Coro Nuovo Young Musician competition and bursary. Traditional Oak & Timber Co was established by Coro Nuovo member Neil Peskett, to supply quality reclaimed and air-dried oak beams to the construction industry and directly to the consumer. Kate Kent, the Chair of Coro Nuovo said: “We are very grateful to Neil and Traditional Oak & Timber Co for their generous financial sponsorship. This will provide valuable support to the Young Musician competition winner’s musical studies.”
Comments about Coro Nuovo from audience and choir members
Such a pleasure to sing in Coro, I love it!”
The choir has never sounded better and all the members were
delighted with the performance as were the audience”
I really enjoyed it and there were some lovely moments.”
“I wanted to say how much we enjoyed the concert and
the Young Musicians Competition.”
“Listening to you all sing last night does make me more determined to join a choir.
Look forward to your next concert.”
“I thought it was a wonderful concert with lots of nice new pieces.
I also thought all the musicians were excellent too!”
View or follow Coro Nuovo on social media