This page is intended for Coro Nuovo Choir Members only
IMPORTANT – If you have not yet received your Covid vaccinations Coro Nuovo recommends that, for your own health and the health of other choir members, you do so at the earliest opportunity.
England moved to step 4 of the roadmap on 19 July and most restrictions have been lifted. The Department of Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) has confirmed to Making Music (the UK’s membership organisation for leisure-time music) that:
- There will be no limits on the number of people that can gather to rehearse indoors or outdoors. This includes choirs.
- The need to socially distance has been removed.
However, the move to step 4 and easing of restrictions does not mean risk of Covid has disappeared. As it is impossible to eliminate all risks, Coro Nuovo will continue to adopt some Covid measures to ensure that we are providing as safe an environment as reasonably possible. Note – we are not qualified to advise on individual circumstances and risks. Therefore you will have to decide whether you feel comfortable joining the rehearsal based on the actions below.
Based on guidance provided by Making Music, we have carried out a rehearsal risk assessment. This has identified the Covid prevention measure below. For further information on the risk assessment email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covid Prevention Measures Required by Coro Nuovo
Do not attend the rehearsal if any of the following apply:
a) You have any coronavirus symptoms. For details of symptoms see: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
c) NHS Track & Trace have asked you to self-isolate.
d) You have returned from abroad and been asked to self-isolate.
If you feel unwell during the rehearsal please let Kate Kent or Andy Rees know as soon as possible.
Covid Prevention Measures Recommended by Coro Nuovo
- If you have access to Lateral Flow Covid tests, consider taking one of these before attending a rehearsal. Free packs can be ordered from: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
- Wear a face covering when arriving, leaving or moving around the rehearsal venue. Use hand sanitiser as appropriate.
- Be aware that some choir members will wish to maintain social distancing. Please respect this when arriving at or leaving the rehearsal(s) and particularly for the seating arrangements at the rehearsal.
- Check-in on arrival at the rehearsal using the QR code using the NHS app on your phone.
We will have hand sanitiser and some spare face coverings available at each rehearsal. We will also aim to maintain ventilation during the rehearsal, so wearing some layers may be appropriate in case it gets chilly!