Supporting Young Musicians
The 2019 Sussex Young Musician of the Year Bursary Competition
Closing Date – Friday 29th March 2019
Coro Nuovo is delighted to announce its 2019 Sussex Young Musician of the Year Bursary Competition!
We are now inviting applications. To qualify, applicants must be in:
– In the 18 to 26 age range
– Training for or embarking on a professional music career
– Have a connection with Sussex for example by being born and/or currently or previously living in Sussex.
Coro Nuovo bursaries are intended to help young musicians with their studies and this year the following will be available:
• £1000 for the Sussex Young Musician of the Year
• £500 for the competition runner-up
• £250 each for the other competition finalists
The Sussex Young Musician of the Year will also have the opportunity to perform at a future Coro Nuovo concert and receive a performance fee.
The Bursary Competition auditions will take place on Sunday 2nd June 2019 and four finalists will perform at the Coro Nuovo concert on Saturday 6th July 2019.
If you would like to apply, please download the information sheet and entry form below, and return the completed entry form with a separate one-page summary of your musical experience and how you would benefit from the Coro Nuovo Bursary to email@example.com.
When you apply, please also let us know if you need an accompanist for the auditions and or final.